Monday, 12 May 2014

Only the good die young

Today has been a horrible day.

Horrible in so many ways, yet also a day of great soul searching trying to understand why it is that so many truly wonderful individuals are snatched from our lives way too soon.

Today is the third anniversary of my wonderful, vibrant, eclectic & gorgeous cousins death. 
Rebecca was absolutely adored by everyone who knew her. With only nine days seperating us she was my closest cousin in age and we shared so many secrets & confidences of which not even death has seperated.
I'd thought it would get easier each year but it doesn't and I can only imagine how much it hurts for her parents & siblings. 
Today I cried, in secret of course, but nonetheless the tears fell. The tears weren't for me but for Bec. For the years she didn't get to live, for the family that was left behind and for all those whose lives were changed forever (for the better of course) just for having known her.
The above two photos are evident in their significance but the next one us more symbolic of something my gorgeous cousin managed to leave me with.
GRATITUDE

Bec, this pic is for you! This is me with my gratitude glasses! They help me focus on all I have to be grateful for!
I'm grateful for the memories I have;
singing "we are Siamese if you please" at the top of our lungs up Nanna & Pa's driveway complete with our plastic clip on earrings,
Being growled at by Nanna for not opening our Christmas presents in front of everyone that year,
For the time we got rope burn flying our kites,
For wearing out the Grease video from watching it tooany times,
For the first time we both got drunk together at Jens hens night (with our Nanna)
For the support you gave me in Ballarat,
For being not only my cousin, but also my friend!!

I know you are watching over us all still and for that I love you dearly!!

I so wish you were still here.




No comments:

Post a Comment