Good guys do NOT finish last, Good Guys, or for the sake of this post, NICE PEOPLE, do not finish last.... they will always finish first... they just may chose to run a different race to the others.
Like 94,999 other kids in Victoria today I was bullied at school.
This should be embarrassing for everyone else... NOT ME.
It wasn't until I read Sue Anderson's recently published book "Unbullyable " that all the pieces of the puzzle started to fit together.
Like 94,999 other kids in Victoria today I was bullied at school.
This should be embarrassing for everyone else... NOT ME.
It wasn't until I read Sue Anderson's recently published book "Unbullyable " that all the pieces of the puzzle started to fit together.
I'm the first to acknowledge my kids aren't perfect, however, I also acknowledge that they both have big hearts and exceptional manners.
Last week one of our boys left school in tears. It's not the first time and it probably won't be the last time but I must admit it left me broken hearted and feeling a little inadequate. He is a beautiful boy, has often been known to stick up for others when he felt that the treatment they were receiving was unjustified, but yet this seems to also be a reason for him being considered a 'target' by some of the other kids who for whatever reasons have insecurities of their own.
What is it with people these days that causes them to feel it is necessary to run others down?? How sad that they feel so insecure that they need to say and or do hurtful things to others in order for them to feel better about themselves???
Saddest thing is that as an adult I can almost pick out those who've been bullied as kids and those who were the perpetrators of such bullying.
Those that were bullied are usually their own worst enemies in the regard that they are their own worst critics. They are constantly worried that their best still won't be seen as good enough but are also terrified of standing out from the crowd too much for fear of drawing attention to themselves.
As for those who instigated the bullying they tend to behave as if nothing is ever their fault, they don't know how to compromise and if things get tough they simply don't cope! Honestly people GROW UP!
Nobody is infallible! Targeting others and choosing to make their lives miserable by ostracizing them or isolating them will not improve yours!
In the long run the high school popularity and the superiority you felt as a result of your behavior during these years will only serve to leave you incapable of dealing with life as an adult.
"Whilst it's nice to be popular, in the long run you will be far more popular if you are nice"
No comments:
Post a Comment